The following data are needed to connect to NC Connect:
1. dial-up number (choose the phone number from our numbers page that is a local call for you)
2. your username and password (username is always input in the form of email@example.com)
3. DNS server addresses: primary = 220.127.116.11, secondary = 18.104.22.168
4. POP3 host (for receiving e-mail): mail.ncconnect.net
5. SMTP host (for sending e-mail): smtp.ncconnect.net
Setting up a Dial-Up Networking Connection in Windows 98:
1.Locate the "MyComputer" icon on the desktop.
2.Double-Click on the "MyComputer" icon to view its contents.
3.In the resulting screen, locate the "Dial-Up Networking" folder and open it by Double-Clicking on its icon.
4.Double-Click on icon "Make New Connection".
5.Enter "NC Connect" for the name of the connection, then click on the "Next" button.
6.Enter the phone number to dial, then click on the "Next" button. Choose the phone number that is a local call for you.
7.Click on the "Finish" button.
8.Locate the "NC Connect" icon you have just created in the "Dial-Up Networking" folder.
9.Right-Click over the "NC Connect" icon.
10.Select "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
11. Uncheck the box labeled "Use area code and Dialing Properties" or "Use area code and country code"
12.Click on the "Server Types" button.
13.In the resulting screen make sure that the ONLY advanced option that is selected is "Enable software compression" and the ONLY networking protocol selected is "TCP/IP", then click on the "TCP/IP Settings" button.
14.In the "TCP/IP Settings" screen, make sure that the option "Server Assigned IP Address" is selected.
15.Click on "Specify Name Server Addresses".
16.Enter a Primary DNS server IP number of 22.214.171.124.
17.Enter a Secondary DNS server IP numebr of 126.96.36.199.
18.Click on the "OK" button 3 times to get back to the Dial-Up Networking screen.
19.Double-Click on the icon for the connection.
20.In the resulting screen, enter your dial-up username and password.
21.Click on the "Save Password" Checkbox.
22.Click on Connect to dial the phone and log in.